In New York, the Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) keeps your official arrest and conviction history called a RAP sheet. You must provide your fingerprints to get this record.
New York State Residents
Here is how to get your RAP sheet from DCJS, located in Albany, NY, if you are a New York State resident:
- Make an appointment to get your fingerprints taken by clicking here: Identity Services or call 1-877-472-6915.
- Pay $62.00. Credit card and checks or money orders made payable to "MorphoTrust USA" are acceptable; and
- Submit an approved form of identification. For a list of approved forms of identification, click here: Identity Services
Here is how to get your RAP sheet from DCJS if you are not a New York State resident:
- Download the FBI fingerprint card here: FBI (FD-258) Fingerprint Card;
- Complete the personal information fields on the fingerprint card;
- Contact a local law enforcement agency to have your fingerprints taken. You should contact an attorney before getting your fingerprints taken, if you think you have any open warrants or immigration issues;
- Enroll for a Cardscan submission here: Identity Services;
- Pay $62.00 during the enrollment process. Credit card and checks or money orders made payable to "MorphoTrust USA" are acceptable;
- Print and sign the enrollment confirmation page you receive after registration is complete. This confirmation page will have a barcode printed on the top right corner; and
- Send the signed enrollment confirmation page along with your fingerprint card to:
6840 Carothers Parkway, Suite 650
Franklin, TN 37067-9929
DCJS will send you your Personal Review Record within 30 U.S. mail business days after they have received your fingerprints and associated information.