The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) keeps a RAP sheet about convictions in every state and Federal Court. You must provide your fingerprints to get this record.
To get your FBI RAP sheet, ask for an Identity History Summary. You do this by filling out a form called the Applicant Information Form (below).
FBI RAP Sheet Request Application Form
For the latest version, please visit the Federal Bureau of Investigations website here:
The Applicant Information Form asks you for the following information:
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Whether you are a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident of the U.S.
- Your height, weight, hair and eye color
- The last four numbers of your Social Security number
- The reason you are asking for your criminal record
You must include with the form:
- A complete set of fingerprints
- A certified check or money order for $18 made out to the "U.S. Treasurer." No personal checks or cash.
*If paying the fee is a financial burden, you may request a fee waiver by sending a notarized letter explaining you cannot afford the fee (use the Sample Fee Waiver form below).
Sample FBI Fee Waiver Form (form created January 2018)
Send your completed form, your fingerprints, and your payment in one envelope to:
FBI CJIS Division - Summary Request
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV 26306
For more information about getting your FBI rap sheet, visit: Requesting FBI Records